Tuesday, January 7, 2020

How to Homeschool If You Work Outside the Home

I write out what is to be done and they choose when and how. They will do a half day of school today when I get home at lunch. So they ask for their chores for the day but since daddy is home he gets to tell them. Then I drag my laptop out and wait for it to wake up. It is getting old and slower, like it needs a double shot of espresso.

I’m all about living more simply, and productively. Some days it just feels too much, and always like to learn new tips or tricks. Thanks for compiling your thought here. Hi Joan, I just saw that I was getting a lot of traffic from this post. It has taken me a while to learn to be flexible, but I am slowly getting there.

Find Support and Encouragement

I eat the Silver Hills Brand but there is also Ezekiel Bread etc. You need to judge what is best for your teenagers at this time. Are they okay to be left during the day? There are seasons in life; enjoy the time you can spend with them now. Thanks for all the encouraging ideas here. I’m a homeschooling mom considering going back to college.

homeschooling and working outside the home

We have a traditional homeschool environment where our kids have up to 4 to 5 hours of instruction or work a day. My husband gave up his chosen career to work around mine and make it so our kids always had a parent home . I personally met LM Preston when she first joined my online community The Working Homeschool Mom Club. She was one of the first members of the group back in 2016. Knowing where everything is can be the difference between getting school finished before leaving for work and not.

What Hours Do You Homeschool If You Are Working?

Homeschooling is so much more efficient than a classroom. You also have less outside distractions. Plus, you know your kids better than any teacher could.

Homeschooling when both my husband and I work outside the home has not been easy. However, with commitment, flexibility, and determination, we have made it work for us. This is very good, practical, encouraging, and realistic — wisdom from the trenches. Good advice for life in general, as well, as far as not overcommitting oneself in a society that wants us to do paid work, for free. Some wise words here – I think if you really want to homeschool then you can make it work, but I like your ideas about getting in some help to cover the cleaning and other tasks. I wanted folks to not rule out homeschooling because they work.

thoughts on “A “Day” in My Life: Homeschooling and Working Outside of Home”

It might not seem like much but it is nice to connect. My time to think, reflect, find the good moments and get rid of stress. A whole 30 minutes to hang out in my head. Sometimes this is a good thing, others, not so much. I have dragged myself out of bed, filled a cup of coffee. I love that I can set it the day before and it is hot and waiting in the morning.

homeschooling and working outside the home

A fellow homeschool mom may be willing to help with certain subjects, for example, or even let them work independently as she homeschools her own. My go to resource for making sense out of our homeschool planning is my Plan Your Year Kit. Pam’s simple, practical tips helped me to make the most of my variable schedule, highlighting the best days and times for school in our home, and guided me in making a routine.

Oh my gosh, Lisha, I was just thinking about you last week, and here you are! So many people think it's not possible. Thanks so much for everything you write. You have managed to answer all of the questions that have been plaguing me for months upon months. Please continue to share your amazing family and advice with us. The problem is do you have advice on joining a group that meets after hours.

homeschooling and working outside the home

Jen has been a home schooling her children for 14 years, and working too. Once she returned to work, Jen realized that she was going to have to figure out how to juggle all of the different balls. Now Jen helps working moms balance their careers and homeschool their kids by providing practical solutions. I have two kids that attend public school. My son is bored at school and wants to be homeschooled.

This post gave me SO many great ideas about ways I can try out homeschooling my son over the summer. Setting boundaries – and sticking to them – is huge. Just because you work outside of the home, don’t be discouraged.

Parents who work and want to spend more quality time with their kids, regardless of educational philosophy. Be proactive about how you plan your life, your work and your homeschool. I asked Jen if it’s even possible to homeschool while working full-time. Building Your Empowered Steps is the book I personally was looking for when I started trying to think and do things in my life beyond my own limitations.

Homeschooling and working outside the home

Keep the career I’d worked hard to build and properly educate my child. Also, the relationship I have with my homeschool kids is so much deeper than I thought possible. The other difficult part is separating parenting from schooling. Also, we had to hire tutors for classes that we didn’t have the time or energy to study up on and teach them. This is the time to get serious about your children pitching in. Aw thanks Amy 🙂 A bit of a peek anyway.

homeschooling and working outside the home

No comments:

Post a Comment

23 Chin Length Bob Hairstyles and Haircuts

Table Of Content Marilyn Monroe Inspired Chin Length Hair #20: Brunette French Bob with Flipped Ends #2 Modern A-Line Cut Near the Chin Chin...